Our 2022-23 Season is underway! Check out the events calendar here.
Young Musicians, Ages 14 – 22
The Friday Morning Music Club welcomes high school and college-aged students to become Student Members.
Young persons of any age may become Associate Members of FMMC simply by applying and paying Student Member dues.
Music students ages 14 to 22 may become Performance Members of the FMMC by successfully auditioning through the same process as adults, specified under Performance Member Auditions. A formal recommendation from a teacher is not required for audition, but students should confer with their teacher before applying to ensure they understand the level of preparation expected.
Winners of the Club’s student competitions are awarded complementary Performance Membership for their initial year. All others through age 22 submit an application and pay dues. Please contact the Student Activities Chair for further information.
- Student Recital Series · FMMC offers students numerous performance opportunities through our Student Recital Series, a monthly performance featuring two to four student soloists or ensembles.
- Solo & Chamber Music Program · Students granted Solo or Chamber Performance Membership may perform in FMMC’s public solo/chamber concerts on a space-available basis.
- Avanti Orchestra · Solo and Chamber wind, brass, and string players, along with Orchestra Performance string players, may participate in FMMC orchestral performances with the assent of the conductor.
- Arioso Chorale · Chorale Performance members may perform as ensemble singers.
- Outreach Program · All members are invited to participate in concerts at community, retirement, and nursing centers throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
Student Activities Chair