Solo & Chamber Performance Auditions
The Friday Morning Music Club offers free classical chamber music concerts from September through June throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area through our Solo & Chamber Music Program.
- A non-refundable deposit of $30 is charged for those wishing to audition for Solo or Chamber Performance Membership. The deposit may be submitted by credit card when applying online, or as a check when mailing in an application. The deposit will be credited to the applicant’s first year Club dues if the applicant is invited to become a Performance Member, or if the applicant decides to join as an Associate Member.
- Completed application for live auditions must be received by the dates listed in the table below.
- Candidates are required to provide judges with one copy of the score for each piece performed.
- Links to scores, such as those found at IMSLP.org, or PDF scans of scores may be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Printed scores may be sent via mail to the address listed at the bottom of this page.
*If you are auditioning in person, please ensure that the scores are received no later than 5 business days before the auditions are held.
- Candidates who have any questions about their choice of audition pieces should contact the Auditions Chair.
- Performing musicians who have established professional performance careers or are winners of major competitions may, in exceptional cases, be considered for waiver of the auditions requirement for membership. Please contact the Auditions Chair to inquire.
Dates & Times
The following were the dates for the 2018-2019 Season, which are included for your reference. New dates for the 2019-2020 Season will be posted over the summer. Stay tuned!
|Live Audition Date||Time||Submit Application by|
|Wednesday October 16, 2019||10:00am – 4:00pm||September 16, 2019|
|Wednesday March 18, 2020|| 10:00am – 4:00pm ||February 18, 2020|
Calvary Baptist Church
755 8th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Performance guidelines vary depending on the instrument and number of musicians submitted during an audition. Please use the following links for more detailed guidelines in each category.
Solo Performance Chamber Performance
An applicant for Solo or Chamber Performance Membership may opt, in lieu of a live audition, to submit a virtual audition in video (not audio) format via YouTube. Video audition submissions may be submitted at any time during the year, and will be judged within one month of receipt.
FMMC Auditions Chair