All in-person programs are cancelled through December, but our Virtual Chamber Series begins September 29. Click here to learn more!
Virtual Chamber Series, Concert #9
Friday, November 6, 2020
Please join us on Youtube and Facebook for our next Virtual Chamber Series concert!
Filmed at Jordan Kitt’s Music in Rockville, we hope you will enjoy this wonderful concert. We are so grateful to Jordan Kitt’s for allowing us to record there with our strict distancing policies in place.
A link to both the Facebook and Youtube videos will be posted here at least a day before the concert premieres. Tune in there at 12pm, but if you can’t tune in for the premiere, recordings will be available for 2 weeks for you to watch at your leisure!
To learn more about the project, how it works, and how to get notifications about these events, check out: fmmc.org/news/introducing-fmmcs-2020-21-virtual-chamber-series
Victoria Bragin, Piano
- Scherzo in C minor, Op. 14 and Notturno in F major, Op. 6, No. 2, Clara Schumann (1819 – 1896)
- Dances in the Canebrakes, Florence Price (1887 – 1953)
- Nimble Feet
- Tropical Noon
- Silk Hat and Walking Cane
- Troubled Water, Margaret Bonds (1913 – 1972)
Christine Kharazian, Violin
- Winds from Aracosia, a tapestry of folk songs from East and West, arr. Christine Kharazian
- Polish Capriccio, Grażyna Bacewicz (1909-1969)
- Asturias (Leyenda) from Suite Española No.5, Op. 47, Issac Albeniz (1860-1909), Transcribed by Xavier Turull
Daryl Yoder, Baritone, and Jung-Yoon Lee, Piano
- Vier ernste Gesänge (Four Serious Songs), Johannes Brahms (1833 – 1897)
- Denn es gehet dem Menschen (It is for a person)
- Ich wandte mich, und sahe an alle (I turned and looked upon everyone)
- O Tod, o Tod, wie bitter bist du (O death, O death, how bitter you are)
- Wenn ich mit Menschen-und mit Engelszungen redete (If I speak with the tongues of humans of angels)
view the calendar